Romans 12:2 // Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
- Most of life’s battles are won or lost in your mind.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 // 3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
- Our lives are always moving in the direction of our strongest thoughts.
- We have to TRAIN our minds.
Philippians 4:8 NLT // And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Philippians 4:8 NKJV // … if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
- Meditate — To engage in mental exercise; to focus one’s thoughts.
Psalm 119:15 // I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.
Psalm 143:5 // …I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done.
- The only way to tear down a stronghold is to replace false information with truth.
2 Peter 1:3 NLT // By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life.
- What stronghold is holding you back?
- What truth demolishes that stronghold?
Struggling to Know God’s Will:
- Write it
- Think it
- Confess it
- Believe it.
- My life belongs God. Daily I seek Him and daily He directs my steps. I know His voice and He leads me to His perfect will.
Fighting Lustful Thoughts:
- My confidence is in Christ and Christ alone. Because his spirit lives within me. I can do everything He calls me to do.
- I am not a slave to lustful thoughts because God has purified my mind. I will honor Him with my eyes and thoughts. My God is faithful. Even if I am tempted, He will always give me a way out.
- Because of Christ, I’m not anxious about anything. I cast my cares on God because He cares for me. I have the peace of God dwelling in my heart and ruling my mind.